What Is World Food Day?
World Food Day Poster Ideas : World Food Day is an international day celebrated around the world on 16 October each year to celebrate the founding of the Food and Agriculture Organization in 1945. Hundreds of events and outreach have increased global awareness and action on hunger and the need to ensure healthy eating. for all, leaving no one behind.
Why Is World Food Day Important?
Human statistics are brutal. According to the United Nations, almost 1 in 10 people in the world suffer from malnutrition. Globally, one in five children under the age of five will be stunted by 2020, many of them attributable to malnutrition. Last year, one in five Africans faced hunger.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) report on the state of food security and nutrition in 2022 says that the number of people going hungry worldwide world has increased over the last year. It is estimated that up to 828 million people worldwide will be affected by hunger by 2021. This reflects “increasing inequalities between and within countries due to uneven patterns of economic recovery between countries and the loss of unearned income for those most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic,” the organization said.
Tackling hunger by 2030. This represents 8% of the world’s population, the same figure as when the 2030 Agenda was launched in 2015, despite the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) of achieving “Fam Zero” at the end of the decade.
How Can You Make a Difference on World Food Day Poster?
People also read :- How to make Halloween Pumpkin Drawing Fast and easily in 5 Minutes
1. Don’t waste food. “If you have leftovers, freeze them for later or use them as an ingredient in another meal. When eating out, if you’re not very hungry, order half or take leftovers with you,” the FAO said.
2. EcoWatch Tip: WWF advises planning your food so you only get the ingredients you need and learn how to navigate the “Best Buys”, “Sold By” and “Best Before” deception using the FoodKeeper app tag for learn more about food. storage and cooler options. Consider food scrap companies like Misfit Juicery, which makes cold-pressed juices from leftover “ugly” fruits, vegetables, and produce, and Copia, which collects leftovers and gives them to people in need. Try composting food scraps instead of throwing them away.
3. Do more with fewer resources : “With population growth expected to reach 9 billion by 2050, farmers need to find new and more efficient ways to grow food and diversify crops. The Food and Agriculture Organization said that adopting an integrated approach to agriculture can help farmers not only increase agricultural yields and profits, but also improve the quality of their farmland . Your money in food producers and farms that participate in organic, sustainable or renewable agriculture. The HowGood app assesses the impact of products on the environment, health and trade with information from more than 350 organizations, including Humane Certified, Rainforest Alliance and Fair Trade USA. Supported Agriculture Program (CSA).
4. Adopt healthier and more sustainable diets : “Life is fast-paced, and it can be challenging if you don’t know how to prepare nutritious meals. Nutritious meals don’t have to be complicated. In fact, they can be prepared quickly and easily. Just a few ingredients. .” Share your quick and nutritious recipes with family, friends, colleagues and online. Follow sustainable chefs and bloggers online, learn a new recipe or talk to a local farmer about how he prepares his produce at home.
“It is recommended to avoid meat in favor of plant foods. Animal products are the main contributors to climate change and require large areas of arable land, cause a loss of biodiversity, and use large amounts of fresh water. Nitrogen and phosphorus in fertilizers can also contaminate soil and water.
5. Support #ZeroHunger : “Everyone has a role to play in achieving #ZeroHunger, but countries, institutions and individuals must work together to achieve it. Build Zero Hunger partnerships, share knowledge and resources, develop innovative strategies and discover new opportunities to contribute to the fight against hunger.
Ask your local and national authorities, encourage relevant educational programs in your community and spread the #FamZero message to your network. Nutrition and promotion of sustainable agriculture. You can also host packages before meals, donate extra food from your pantry, and have a voice in battle. Share this video on social media to motivate #ZeroHunger. In the words of the Food and Agriculture Organization, “Our business is our future.”
World Food Day Poster Ideas
We have 5 World Food Day Poster Ideas for you :-
How to Make a World Food Day Poster
1 pc Map, Glue, Scales, Brush, Scissors, Thermocol, Printouts: Earth (5-6 pcs), Fruits, Vegetables, Cereals, Meat full size and Microsoft Word printout:
- “Today’s action is our future “
- World Food Day (All in big and bold letters)
- Grow Nourish Continue Together
Optional: A size color (purple and yellow)
World Food Day Poster Contest Winners
Evaluation criteria: The evaluation of World Food Day Poster will be based on:
• Work of art.
• Messages transmitted through stickers.
• Effectiveness of the communication of the expected information